Whenever someone I haven’t seen in a while asks me what I’ve been up to I never know what to say.
Most times I go with, Oh you know, not much. Just the same ol’ thing.
And it’d be totally wrong to say stuff like:
Someone is letting me use their certified kitchen for super cheap and I’ll be able to start selling my baked goods.
A publisher emailed me and wants me to co-author a cookbook.
Yeah. Lying is probably not a good idea.
Yield: 24-30 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (can substitute with pure vanilla extract)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- In a large bowl add flour, butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, place dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating 180? at least once.
- Let cookies cool on pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.