Our trip across the pond isn’t for another month, but I’ve already started thinking about what I need to pack. I’m really good at procrastinating so I’m usually packing the night before we go somewhere. But this time it’s different. We’re not just going to the Big Island. We’re going to TWO different countries.
I’m trying to minimize what I need to pack but I also don’t want to forget stuff that I’ll really need.
This is what I’ve got so far:
- Copy of Flight/Train Itinerary
- Lodging Info
- Credit card
- Dresses (2)
- Shirts (3)
- Under Garments
- Ballet Flats
- Chuck Taylors
- Toiletries (shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.)
- Phone with charger
- Laptop with charger
- Camera with batteries
- French & UK outlet adapters
- Paperback book
Since I know you guys don’t come here for my mundane list making, here’s something to satisfy your sweet tooth.
My old standby: peanut butter and chocolate.
With a generous smearing of melted chocolate.
And even more chocolate and peanut butter sprinkled over that.
What do you pack when you go on a trip?
- (adapted from the recipe on the Pillsbury Golden Butter Recipe cake mix)
- 1 package Pillsbury® Most Supreme® Golden Butter Recipe Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ? cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate peanut butter swirl chips
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup Reese’s Pieces
- ½ cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 13x9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, peanut butter, water, and egg and mix with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate peanut butter swirl chips.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Microwave in 30 second increments and stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over peanut butter bars. Sprinkle Reese’s Pieces and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup pieces over chocolate.
- Let sit until chocolate has set.