How are you on this Girls’ Day?
So, the other day I asked you all for recommendations on where the hubby and I should go on vacation.
Here are the suggestions I got:
- New York
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- South Africa
- West Africa
All of these suggestions sound awesome but it’ll take me a while to finally decide on where to go. I also have to do research on airfare and lodging costs. I’m sure airfare to most of these places isn’t super cheap. Especially coming from Hawaii.
If you have any tips on getting affordable airfare/lodging OR suggestions for other places to vacation, feel free to let me know in the What’s On Your Mind box below.
Oh and here’s a chocolaty sweet treat just for you.
What goes better with chocolate than MORE chocolate?
Yeah. That sounds pretty good.
And there you have it. Brownies that tastes like a Mounds bar.
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks), melted
- 1 cup dark or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate or bittersweet (or a combination) chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon dark chocolate, finely chopped or grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars, salt, cocoa powder, and flour with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and butter. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix. Be sure to not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut. Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Microwave in 30 second increments and stir until smooth. Pour chocolate over brownies. Sprinkle coconut and dark chocolate over chocolate. Let sit until chocolate has set.