Hello my friends!
So…this post is gonna be kindasortamaybealittlebit serious. Like not really funny. At all.
If you need some laughter in your day, check out this post by The Bloggess. It will totally make you LOL.
And now on to the serious stuff.
I thought about all the pressure I feel.
To make my husband and kids happy.
To come up with new/creative recipes and take good pictures for my blog.
To keep our house in some kind of order.
To maintain a healthy weight.
To be a good mom.
To be a good wife.
Sometimes the pressure can be too much.
Sometimes I cry.
Okay, maybe I do more than cry.
Maybe sometimes I bawl my eyes out because I often feel like I might not be doing enough.
Or that I’m not good enough.
And sometimes what I really need is this. (Actually maybe I only need number 1 from that list.)
Or some ice cream.
Okay. Since I know you didn’t come here for a pity party, here’s a healthy-ish snack for ya.
If you’re not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers would be a fine substitute.
So, my friends, how do you deal with the pressures of daily life?
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 to ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice top off garlic. Place garlic on a sheet of foil. Drizzle garlic with olive oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt. Wrap foil around the garlic. Bake for 30 minutes and let cool completely.
- Squeeze garlic into the bowl of a food processor and add remaining ingredients. Pulse until thoroughly combined.