I love cooking.
I really enjoy being in the kitchen. But there are days when dishes that require little time and effort to make are the way to go.
Like crispy fried Spam with cream of mushroom soup and rice. I know a lot of you are afraid of Spam, but try it fried. Sooo good.
Pork and beans. One of my husband’s favorites. I just use two cans pork and beans and add some bacon, brown sugar, onion, prepared mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and chopped up hot dog or Portuguese sausage. Super easy and super tasty.
Another super simple thing I like to make are no-bake cookies.
These have peanut butter cup pieces and mini chocolate chips in them.
Because what goes better with peanut butter than chocolate?
What’s your Spam and mushroom soup equivalent?
Yield: 18-22 cookies
- (adapted from How Sweet It Is)
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Dough will be very crumbly, but continue to mix.
- Form 1 inch balls with hands – if dough is too crumbly to stick together, add a bit more peanut butter or syrup until it comes together.
- Flatten balls press with a fork to create indentations.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.