Because it’s Monday.
Because you were good all weekend.
Because you deserve it.
Whatever the reason, having one of these bars will make your belly happy.
- 16 whole graham crackers
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Cheesecake filling
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup milk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup roughly chopped peanut butter cup pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- For crust: Break graham crackers in half and put in a food processor. Pulse until it looks like coarse sand. In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Evenly spread mixture into prepared pan. Set aside.
- For cheesecake filling: In a large bowl beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time, beating after each addition. Add milk and vanilla and beat to combine.
- When oven comes to temperature, bake crust for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack for 30-45 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over medium high.
- When cream just comes to a bubble, pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour ganache over the top of the cheesecake. Spread evenly with butter knife or an offset spatula. Top with peanut butter cup pieces.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
Today I’m sharing my take on If My Blog Was An Outfit.
Tank top: Shiny = Awesome
Skirt: Almost-kinda-sorta-maybe T.A.R.D.I.S. blue
Tote: I ♥ traveling
Bracelet: SPRINKLES FOR LIFE!
Headband: “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thanks for the inspiration The Nerdy Girlie!
1. Having slightly cooler weather. Which is way better than stifling hot weather.
2. Successfully making ciabatta rolls.
3. Quiet moments with your thoughts.
4. Saying thank you and I love you on a daily basis.
5. Throwing your hat into that proverbial ring even though you know your chances of winning are very, very small.
Photo by Arbine Villanueva-Hoapili