It’s late at night.
I know I should be sleeping but my brain thinks otherwise.
I get an idea for a project.
I scream at my brain to be quiet.
My brain just smiles and says, “Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!”
Seriously. This is my life.
One good thing that has come from those restless nights: Last week’s Black Sesame Ice Cream. Which led to these ice cream sandwiches.
Handheld desserts are always a good idea.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Ice Cream
- 2 ½ - 3 cups black sesame ice cream
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar and cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Put pans in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- With a spatula remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Scoop 2 ½-3 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until firm.