Hello there loves! Are ya’ll sick of ice cream sandwiches yet? I hope not.
These are composed of very familiar flavors. Nothing out of the ordinary but ones that I’ve never put together before. Which is weird, because really, what goes better with chocolate than more chocolate?
Not much actually.
Except for maybe bacon.
Photos by Arbine Villanueva-Hoapili
- For cookies
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- For ice cream
- 3 ¾ cups chocolate ice cream
- To a large bowl add granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. DO NOT OVERMIX. Fold in butterscotch chips and toffee bits. Refrigerate dough 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Scoop 1 tablespoon portions of dough onto parchment lined baking sheets, about 1 ½-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on pan for one minute. Remove cookies from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Scoop ¼ cup of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches on a tray in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until firm.