Super easy to make and you can customize them a thousand different ways.
The dough is so good that I sometimes eat pieces of it raw.
I like living on the edge.
Photos by Arbine Villanueva-Hoapili
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- To a large bowl add flour, butter, sugar, poppy seeds, almond extract, and salt. Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Place dough onto plastic wrap and shape into a log. Cover completely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice dough into ¼ inch portions and place onto parchment lined baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack.