So you know when you really, really want a piece of cheesecake and you’re trying to be good, resisting as much as you can, but you still really want a slice and nothing else is curbing that craving?
Well, say hello to my little cheesecake bars.
Ridiculously simple. You can eat one piece and totally satisfy your cheesecake craving.
Plus there’s fruit. Blueberries. Which have a ton of antioxidants. A cheesecake that’s good for your health.
At least that’s what I’m gonna tell myself as I wolf down three pieces in one sitting.
- 16 whole graham crackers
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Cheesecake filling
- 20 oz. (2 ½ 8oz. packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup milk or heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- For crust: Break graham crackers in half and put in a food processor. Pulse until it looks like coarse sand. In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Evenly spread mixture into prepared pan. Set aside.
- For cheesecake filling: In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add milk, vanilla, and almond extract and beat to combine.
- When oven comes to temperature, bake crust for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust. Sprinkle blueberries over the cheesecake filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.