The Oscars. It’s not really my thing but I did watch some of it.
Some things of note:
Lupita Nyong’o is flippin gorgeous.
And if your heart didn’t swell when she said, “For every little child, no matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid,” you just might be a robot.
Cumberbombing is awesome.
I would’ve totally eaten pizza.
Let It Go songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez EGOTed. Don’t know what that is? They’ve won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony award.
Totally bummed that Idina wasn’t able to sing the full version of Let It Go.
To feel less bummed out, I think we should have some brownies.
- 3 ½ cups mini pretzel twists
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks), melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter, slightly melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- For crust: Put pretzels in a food processor. Pulse until the pretzels look like coarse sand.
- In a large bowl, mix together pretzel pieces, butter, and sugar. Evenly spread mixture into prepared pan. Set aside.
- For brownies: In a large bowl, combine sugars, salt, cocoa powder, and flour with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and butter. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix. Be sure to not over mix.
- When oven comes to temperature, bake crust for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan. Dollop melted peanut butter over the batter. Swirl with a spoon or butter knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.