Do you guys ever go ‘After Holiday’ shopping?
When seasonal things are like 75-90% off?
My husband and I didn’t intend to do this but we went to Target just after New Year’s. There were still Christmas items for sale. He bought a 7 foot tall Christmas tree for $6.
I bought two bags of Christmas M&Ms.
It’s the simple things in life that make me super happy.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&Ms
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ -2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and beat to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop 1 ½ tablespoon portions of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool on the pan for a minute. Remove cookies from the pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Scoop 2 ½-3 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until firm.