Because Mondays (for most people) generally suck I thought I’d share with you all a dessert/midnight snack/breakfast-on-the-go that makes me smile.
I’m in love with these sandwich cookies. (Or is it cookie sandwiches?)
They’re simple and sweet.
Just like me. 😉
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Cheesecake Filling
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup confectioners (powdered sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add sugars and egg. Whisk thoroughly. Add peanut butters and stir to combine.
- Using a 1-inch scoop, scoop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press down on cookies using a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool 2-3 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Take one peanut butter cookie and pipe about 1-2 tablespoons of filling onto the flat side.
- Top with another peanut butter cookie.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.