I’m in a weird mood.
But Arbine, aren’t you always?
Actually no, I’m not always in a weird mood.
Just 95% of the time.
It’s the holiday season yet I don’t feel very Christmasy.
Maybe it’s all the worrying about finances.
Maybe it’s because my oldest is 4 going on 13, complete with eye rolling and talking back.
Maybe it’s because I wish I could give more but I just can’t.
Maybe it’s because my heart hurts.
My marriage is fine but my heart just hurts.
And I don’t know how to fix it.
Oh boy. Sorry for all this heavy talk. You guys deserve better. Like cake. A super simple cake. That can be eaten for breakfast.
I love a dessert you can eat for breakfast.
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup mashed bananas
- ¼ cup peanut butter, slightly melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugars for about 2 minutes. Add mashed bananas, and peanut butter and mix for a minute more.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into parchment lined 8x8x2 inch pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.