Some of you have been experiencing snow storms and below freezing temperatures.
And yet I’m sharing a recipe for ice cream sandwiches.
Clearly I am not a logical person.
But I love ice cream.
- 16 butter waffle cookies (I used the ones from Trader Joe's)
- 2 ½ - 3 cups brown sugar ice cream
- 1 cup Cap’n Crunch cereal, slightly crushed
- Scoop 2 ½-3 tablespoons of ice cream onto one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Coat sides of ice cream sandwiches with crushed cereal.
- Place sandwiches on a plate or baking sheet and freeze for about 1-2 hours or until firm.