It’s finally getting a little cooler at nights.
Which is a nice change from it being hot or humid.
I love the colder weather.
And my youngest sleeps tons better in it.
The only downside to all this?
SHE GETS UP AT 5:30AM.
Okay, so it’s not like I sleep till 10 or anything but that extra half hour to 45 minutes of sleep really helps.
Especially if I’m in the middle of a Franco, JGL, or Tennant dream.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together sugar, butter, and shortening until thoroughly combined. Add eggs and almond extract and whisk to combine.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture, starting and ending with the flour. Stir to combine.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 of the way with batter. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.