Today I’m taking it back.
Way, way back.
Think pig tails and bowl hair cuts.
Today I’ve got everyone’s childhood favorite.
I’ve got PB & J.
And I made it better.
But Arbine, how can you make a classic like PB & J better?
Well, you make it a dessert.
Best after school snack EVER.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Ice Cream
- 1½ - 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- In a large bowl add sugars and egg. Whisk thoroughly. Add peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a 1-inch (diameter) ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press down on cookies using a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool 2-3 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Scoop 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until firm.
*Okay, so these are cartoons from my childhood. Just think of cartoons that you grew up with, whether that be Scooby-Doo or The Powerpuff Girls.