I got my flu shot on Saturday. I don’t like needles. At all.
Actually, I take that back. I did like the one that gave me an epidural. Mostly because it made labor slightly more bearable. Now, I don’t ever condone the use of drugs, but that is the one exception. During labor, those drugs are sweeeeet.
Almost as sweet as these cupcakes.
Sprinkles in AND on a cupcake? Yes please.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar and butter until thoroughly combined. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to the wet mixture, starting and ending with the flour. Stir to combine. Fold in sprinkles.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 of the way with batter. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter until smooth.
- Slowly add confectioners sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat until combined.