I finally signed up for Pottermore. My biggest reason for signing up? I wanted to see which house I’d be sorted into. I ended up in Slytherin.
At first I was like, seriously?! I’m in Slytherin? Why?! I wanted to be in Ravenclaw! But after seeing that people like Merlin, Regulus Black, and Severus Snape were Slytherins, I’m okay with being sorted into that house.
On a totally unrelated note, I want to create some recipes based on foods found in books, movies, and television shows. I’ve already written out a recipe for Butterbeer Cupcakes that I’m going to test in the near future. If they turn out okay I’ll post them on the blog. Got any suggestions for what fictional foods I should make? It doesn’t have to be a sweet. I’m open to try almost anything.
P.S. These ice cream sandwiches? They’re delightful. Especially on a super hot day.
- Almond Poppy Seed Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure almond extract
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups lemon ice cream (can substitute lemon sorbet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar and cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and almond extract and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat to combine.
- Fold in poppy seeds.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- With a spatula remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
- Scoop 2 ½-3 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until firm.