Last night was the series finale of Futurama.
True to form, it was funny, smart, and tugged at the heart strings.
Thank you Futurama. It’s been an amazing seven seasons.
- Brownie Batter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks), melted
- Cherry Swirl Topping
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 15 cherries ( I used Bing) , pitted and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars, salt, cocoa powder, and flour with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and butter. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix. Be sure to not over mix.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Fold in cherries.
- Pour brownie batter into the pan. Dollop cherry cream cheese topping over the batter. Swirl batter using a toothpick or butter knife.
- Bake for 32-37 minutes.