I like simple things.
Especially simple desserts.
Simple desserts are good.
Simple desserts with a little lemon are even better.
Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add flour, butter, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt. Stir until combined and the dough sticks together.
- Using a 1-inch (diameter) cookie scoop, place dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the pan for a minute before transferring to a wire rack. Cool cookies completely.