Dear Humid Weather,
Let’s just cut to the chase. We’re over. Through. You were okay for a while but now I’m sweating in places that shouldn’t be sweating and it is not attractive. Not one little bit. I know you like hanging out with me because I make some awesome sweet treats (as evident above) and my sarcastic wit is incomparable, but honestly, this is just not working out. One day you’ll find someone who appreciates everything you have to offer. Promise.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups Dulce de Leche ice cream (can substitute caramel ice cream)
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar and cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat to combine.
- Refrigerate dough 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- With a spatula remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
- Scoop 1 ½-2 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until firm.