WARNING: This post contains spoilers from the most recent episode of Futurama, Game of Tones.
At the end of last night’s Futurama epsiode, when Fry is talking to his mom… oh man. I tried to hold back the tears, I really did. Needless to say, I lost that battle.
What was the last video, television show, or movie that made you cry?
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup coconut oil, slightly softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa (optional)
- In a medium bowl, add flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add coconut oil and sugars and beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and beat to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in the oats, chocolate chips, and quinoa.
- Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop 1 ½ tablespoons of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool on the pan for a minute. Remove cookies from the pan and cool completely on wire rack.