Last night while I was washing dishes my mind began to wander. I started thinking about how I really don’t want to go back to a 9-5 type of job once both of my girls are in school. I was never really happy in that kind of work setting. Part of me knows that I really should try to help and support my family financially. It just hurts my heart to know that I will most likely be doing so while sacrificing happiness.
Sorry for being so down.
How about some cupcakes? Yes, yes. Cupcakes.
Cupcakes makes me happy.
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- Matcha Frosting
- ¼ cup ( ½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon matcha (green tea powder)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Fold in sour cream.
- Pour batter into lined cupcake tins and fill about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- With a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until well incorporated.
- Add matcha and beat to combine.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until desired consistency.
- Add vanilla and milk and beat to combine.