The other night my husband and I watched this video.
I’m a Whovian so anything related to Doctor Who will immediately get my attention. At first I was like, wow, that’s kinda cool. Then as the video progressed, I felt my heart strings being tugged.
When the father starts talking about Doctor Who and the daughter starts talking about their relationship… so many feels.
Alex and Robert Doyle, if you ever happen to read this, just know that I think you guys are awesome. And if we ever meet, I may have to hug you both.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Speculoos (or whatever brand of cookie butter you prefer)
- Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups coffee ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add sugars and egg. Whisk thoroughly. Add Speculoos and stir to combine.
- Using a 1-inch scoop, scoop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press down on cookies using a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for a minute or two on the pan before removing. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Scoop 2 ½ -3 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until firm.