So my birthday is in ELEVEN days.
I usually don’t do much for my birthday beyond maybe making a nice dinner and having dessert. I’m the type of person who would rather celebrate someone else’s birthday than my own. Now, don’t get me wrong. I do still love presents, because really, who doesn’t?
But this year, since my 4-year-old insists that I get party hats and plates for my birthday, I’m going to indulge her. I’m thinking of going the My Little Pony route.
I’ve always wanted to be Twilightlicious.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Creme Filling
- ¼ cup (half a stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add sugars and egg. Whisk thoroughly. Add peanut butter and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-inch scoop, scoop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press down on cookies using a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool 2-3 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cream butter and peanut butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time while mixing with a hand mixer. Once all sugar is incorporated, beat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add vanilla and milk. Beat for another minute.
- Take one cookie and spread about 1-2 tablespoons of creme filling onto the flat side.
- Top with another cookie.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.