Guys, I’m sick.
Not so sick that I’m putting a “d” on the end of the word fine, but sick enough that when I cough my chest sort of burns.
I also feel a little achy and my appetite isn’t all there.
I hate hate hate being sick. Mostly because it’s harder to take care of my girls when my defenses are down.
I’m hoping that I’ll be better by tomorrow.
P.S. Anyone remember the Friends episode when Phoebe got sick? My sticky shoes… my sticky, sticky shoes… why you stick on me… ba-aby…
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Okinawan sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup ( ½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 2 minutes. Add mashed sweet potatoes and mix for a minute more.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternately add dry ingredients and coconut milk to wet ingredients, starting and ending with the dry. Mix until combined. Fold in sour cream.
- Pour into lined cupcake tins and fill about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
- With a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until well incorporated.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until desired consistency.
- Add vanilla and milk and beat to combine.