I love that her workouts are very approachable, even for a beginner like me. She’s also very encouraging during every session. I love that I actually do feel a little stronger after a workout.
But sometimes I hate her.
Sometimes I want to scream, “NO! I DON’T WANT TO GET RID OF MY MUFFIN TOP! I LIKE IT! IT’S SQUISHY! I LIKE SQUISHY THINGS! STOP MAKING ME DO BALLERINA DIGS AND PLANKS!”
On the days that I feel like yelling at her I usually eat ice cream. Clearly I have issues.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 4-5 creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos), crushed
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups coffee ice cream
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar and cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat to combine.
- Fold in cookie pieces.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Put pans in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- With a spatula remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over medium high.
- When cream just comes to a bubble, pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookies, on the rounded side, into the ganache. Lay undipped side on lined pan and place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Once cookies are set, remove from freezer. Scoop 2 ½ -3 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of an undipped cookie. Top with chocolate dipped cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until firm.