It’s time yet again to discuss important things.
Which really means I want to talk about something pop culture related or about the celebrities I would like to be friends with or date (were I not already married and they happened to also be single and living in Hawaii. And I actually knew how to ask someone out on a date ).
I like Christina Aguilera, the girl can sang, but I wasn’t really fond of her as a judge on The Voice. I like Shakira as a judge a whole lot more. Partly because I really want to be friends with her. She’s just so gorgeous and I want her to teach me how to move my hips so they don’t lie.
Usher’s not as crazy a character as CeeLo, which is totally fine. For the most part I’ve liked the people he chose for his team. I also like the approach he takes while mentoring them.
Blake Shelton. Holy moly are his eyes blue. Don’t know why I never noticed them before. Maybe because he and Adam are always smack talking and I can’t help but swoon when they do.
Yeah. I like Adam.
- For Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Ice Cream
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugars and cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and almond extract and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat to combine.
- Fold in sesame seeds.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- With a spatula remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
- Scoop 1 ½-2 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until firm.