You know what sucks? When you’re buying stuff on Amazon and you’re less than $2 shy of qualifying for Free Super Saver Shipping. So then you have to search for something that’s not crazy expensive but that you also want to buy. But all other things you really want to buy are not in the price range that you’re looking at spending.
First world problem, party of one?
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup coconut milk, chilled
- ½ cup grated ube
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and coconut milk.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a small bowl. Add ube ¼ cup at a time, whisking thoroughly. Add ube mixture back into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add coconut.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.