A couple of days ago I finally realized something.
Those round glasses that Eleven wears every so often are Amy’s.
Why Doctor? Why?
I love Clara, but honestly, that gives me the feels.
Doctor, you are such an amazing yet tragic character.
- Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Ice Cream
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and beat to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Using a 1 ½ inch ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool on the pan for a minute. Remove cookies from the pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over medium high.
- When cream just comes to a bubble, pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Scoop 1 ½ -2 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches on to parchment lined baking tray. Put in the freezer for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove sandwiches from freezer and dip half of each cookie sandwich into ganache.
- Place sandwiches back onto parchment lined baking tray. Freeze for at least 1 hour.