I know, I know. Eleven is married to River. But he and Clara are just so darn cute together.
So, who do you ship?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
- For chocolate sugar cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- For peanut butter frosting
- ¼ cup (half a stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ? cup peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
- ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar and cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat to combine.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Put pans in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating pan 180? at least once.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- With a spatula remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
- Cream butter and peanut butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time while mixing with a hand mixer. Once all sugar is incorporated, beat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add vanilla and milk. Beat for another minute.
- Take one sugar cookie and spread about 1-2 tablespoons of frosting onto the flat side.
- Top with another sugar cookie.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
For chocolate sugar cookies:
For peanut butter frosting:
To assemble cookie sandwiches: