Hello my dears.
I need to discuss some very important things today.
Like why do I keep trying to do pilates? Seriously, my core muscles are non-existent. But I need something to break up my Zumba and toning routines.
And why aren’t more people wearing bunny ear headbands? I want to wear them everywhere. The mall, grocery store, going to the park, etc.
I mean, I liked JT from his ‘NSYNC days.
So, anyone else have a crush on JT?
- For cupcakes
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- For ganache
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Pretzel pieces for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350? F.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and almond extract. Beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Fold in sour cream.
- Pour batter into lined cupcake tins and fill about ? of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over medium high.
- When cream just comes to a bubble, pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Dip the top of the cupcakes into ganache. Sprinkle with pretzel pieces.