You all know that I love the television show Community.
I’ll never get over how talented the entire cast truly is. Jim Rash (Oscar winner!) is sublime as Dean Pelton. The reference humor is great. And there is no laugh track, which I think is genius.
If you’re not already watching Community and want to give it a try, I highly recommend starting from the very beginning. It’s not really a show you can just jump into.
So, Greendale Human Beings, what is your favorite episode, moment, or line from Community?
- For chocolate cookies
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Ice cream
- 1 cup coffee ice cream
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and beat to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in semi-sweet and mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Using a one-inch ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool on the pan for a minute. Remove cookies from the pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Scoop 1 ½-2 tablespoons of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and lightly press together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place sandwiches on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet and freeze for about 1-2 hours or until firm.