Hello my dears! How was your weekend? I was hoping that I was going to somehow magically be struck by an inspiration lightning bolt but that didn’t happen. I feel so stuck and I don’t know how to get un-stuck.
I’m not lacking on ideas for food or wanderlust posts, it’s just those rotating Friday columns that is my current Everest. I think part of my problem is that I want to create fresh, original columns. But, as we all know, it’s really hard to come up with something completely new, something that no one has seen or done before.
Blergh. Sorry for the not-so-happy post.
To make up for that, here’s a dessert with that oh-so-popular combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
But this time the chocolate comes in brownie form.
It’s worth every single calorie.
- Brownie Crust
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ? cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks), melted
- Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 (8oz.) tub frozen whipped topping
- ½ cup peanut butter swirl chips (optional)
- ? cup Oreo cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Spray 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars, salt, cocoa powder, and flour with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix. Be sure to not over mix.
- Pour brownie batter into the pan and bake for 38-42 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter with a hand mixer, until light and fluffy Add confectioner’s sugar slowly and mix until smooth. Add whipped topping and mix until smooth.
- Fold in peanut butter swirl chips.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over brownie crust. Sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies over the top.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.