Most weekend days it takes me like a minute to pick something out to wear.
Weekdays it takes like 20 seconds.
Yesterday was different.
I stared at the clothes in my closet for a full five minutes and just didn’t find anything I really wanted to wear.
I didn’t feel like wearing a dress, which is my go-to weekend outfit. Mostly because wearing a dress during the week is just not gonna happen when you’re a SAHM.
I didn’t feel like wearing my SAHM uniform either.
And although I love my T.A.R.D.I.S. and Éowyn costumes, they aren’t really meant for going to the Farmer’s Market and watching a football game at my sister’s house. (Congrats to the 49ers and Ravens!)
Think I need to save money and pick up some new clothes later.
Blergh. I know I’m being super complainy. I apologize. Here’s some cupcakes. They’re really good. Promise.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350? F.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Add egg mixture to butter mixture. Beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour into lined cupcake tins and fill about ? of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
- Cream butter and cream cheese for 1-2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time while mixing with a hand mixer. Once all sugar is incorporated, beat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add vanilla and milk. Beat for another minute.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon for topping. Sprinkle evenly over frosting.