So, New Year’s resolutions. I usually don’t make them. It’s not that I’m against making any, it’s just that I hardly ever follow through with them. Heck, I’ve been meaning to clean out my closet for nearly two years now and that still hasn’t happened. I blame cat videos.
But this year. This year will be different. This year I’m going to make resolutions and do my best to stick to them.
For 2013 I will:
- Be an awesome wife. This sounds like it’d be super easy to do, but it’s actually harder than you think.
- Be a kick-ass mom. Same sentiment as above.
- Create/bake/learn/write tons of shiny stuff. I really want to learn to make macarons and speak French.
- Avoid comparing myself to others. Who else wants to join me on this one? It’ll be so good. Trust me.
- Enjoy all the little things that make life amazing. Because you just can’t do this often enough.
How about you? Did you make any resolutions for 2013?
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8-10 crème filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos), roughly chopped
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add cookie pieces and pecans.
- When ice cream is done churning, remove dasher and fold in marshmallows.
- Transfer to ice cream container, alternately layering ice cream and chocolate syrup. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.