Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting8
Could be a big deal.
Depends on what you’re counting five hundred of.
A five hundred word essay? Not a big deal.
A five hundred-dollar gift card to Target? Big deal.
Since this is my 500th blog post, I thought we should celebrate with something sinfully sweet.
Like über chocolatey cupcakes.
Sounds good, right?
I knew I liked you.
- For the cupcakes
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For the frosting
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350? F.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate and mix for a minute more.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Add egg mixture to butter mixture. Beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour into lined cupcake tins and fill about ? of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
- Cream butter and peanut butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time while mixing with a hand mixer. Once all sugar is incorporated, beat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add vanilla and milk. Beat for another minute.