Sometimes my 3-year-old calls me Mom but most of the time I’m Mama to her.
However, lately, she’s been using an entirely new name for me.
3-year-old: Can I watch cartoons?
Me: No, you’ve watched enough cartoons today.
3-year-old: Can I have candy?
Me: No, you’ve already had dessert.
3-year-old: I don’t want to brush my teeth.
Me: Well, too bad. You have to brush them anyway.
No, my name is not butmom, thankyouverymuch.
- 1 (29 oz.) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 box butter or yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, cloves, nutmeg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and evaporated milk. Whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle cake mix and chocolate chips over the pumpkin mixture. Drizzle butter over the cake and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes to an hour. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until pumpkin has solidified, before serving.