Have you ever started reading a book, took a break from it, and when you got back to it you had to start reading it from the beginning because you forgot everything you read? I did that a couple of times with The Giver. Earlier this week I decided to give it another shot. This time I couldn’t put it down.
It’s YA fiction but I think that adults will enjoy it as well. I don’t want to give anything away but some of the themes really got me thinking. Like, philosophically thinking. It’s a pretty heavy book.
I’m looking for more YA books to read. Got any suggestions?**
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.)
- ? cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and milk.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a small bowl. Add honey ¼ cup at a time, whisking thoroughly. Whisk in cinnamon. Add honey mixture back into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.