For the past week I’ve been taking care of two sick kiddos.
Not even one little bit.
On a more upbeat note, I made you a healthy-ish snack.
- (recipe adapted from Dessert for Two)
- 2 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add oats, coconut, salt, ginger, and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine butter, honey, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. If needed, microwave for another 30 seconds until mixture is completely melted. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes. Stir. Bake for another 9 minutes.