There are days (and some times weeks) when I feel so defeated.
Days when I just want to hide away from the world and cry.
But I know I can’t.
So I eat ice cream.
Ice cream makes me feel better.
- 2 eggs (*If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup toffee bits
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.