*THIS POST CONTAINS DOCTOR WHO: ASYLUM OF THE DALEKS SPOILERS*
If you are a Whovian and have not yet watched the first episode of season 7 or you have no interest in anything related to Doctor Who (to which I say WHAAAAT?! WHY DON’T YOU? THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!), feel free to skip straight to the recipe. I don’t mind. Really.
Okay. Maybe just a little.
This is how I felt during the entire episode: OHMYGOODNESSOHMYGOODNESSOHMYGOODNESS!!!
Since I like making lists, here are some of my random thoughts about the episode.
- The Doctor: Out of ten… Eleven. Loved that. Felt bad for him because he really wanted to help fix Amy & Rory.
- Amy and Rory: Divorce papers?! Nooooooooooooooo! (some time later) Awww… she gave him up… (even more time later) Kiss and make up. BIG YES!!
- The Daleks: Holy Toledo. There’s a crapton of them. Seriously.
- Oswin Oswald: Super cute. Super smart. Super sad ending.
- Steven Moffat: Such a brilliant writer.
Next up: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.
CAN. NOT. WAIT.
Simple Sugar Cookies
1 ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugars and cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat to combine.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, rotating pan 180⁰ at least once.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- With a spatula, remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.