Speculoos Chocolate Chip Banana Bread5
September is TWO days away.
That’s right, my lovely internet family, autumn is nearly here. The kiddos are back in school. Temperatures will become more bearable (hopefully). There will be no less than five televised (American) football games a week. Pumpkin recipes will abound.
One fall thing that I wish I could participate in is the wearing of fall clothing. I love tights and trench coats and cute sweaters. You can’t really wear that kind of stuff in Hawaii. Actually, I guess you could, but you’d be sweating like crazy.
So, my dears, what fall things are you looking forward to?
- (recipe adapted from my Mom's banana bread recipe)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup Speculoos spread (feel free to substitute peanut butter), melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, Speculoos, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let loaf cool in pan on a wire rack for about 15-30 minutes before removing.