My hubby and I officially have life insurance. It’s actually a relief to finally have it.
Our next step: finalizing our wills. We’ve been putting it off for quite some time. But it is definitely something that must be done.
One of the toughest things we discussed was who would take care of our kids should we both pass away at the same time. We had to make sure their guardian(s) would be financially stable and able to give them the love and attention they deserve. Not an easy decision to make.
So guys, tell me, do you have a will?
- (recipe adapted from The Neelys)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup smoked pork, chopped finely
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Fold in the pork and cheddar.
- Place muffin liners in a 12 cup muffin tin. Divide cornbread mixture evenly into muffin tip cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes.