Vanilla Bean Ice Cream0
My birthday is in a couple of weeks.
I’m not sure how I’ll be celebrating it yet. Maybe pick up a baguette and some triple crème cheese. Possibly a Doctor Who marathon. Definitely some kind of dessert.
Nothing particularly special.
After reading this lovely article I wonder if I should be celebrating differently.
How do you celebrate your birthday?
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, and vanilla bean paste.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.