My Mom’s Butter Mochi2
But when I’m not traveling (which is like 99% of the time), I’m pretty much a homebody. I love the comfort of my own home. I love baking and cooking in my kitchen. I love being able to wear the same shorts three days in a row.
It’s not that I don’t enjoy going to a restaurant every now and then. I do. I also like volunteering and going thrift store shopping. But most days I prefer hanging out with my hubby rewatching Doctor Who, Sherlock, or catching up on Youtube shows.
- 1 (1lb) package mochiko flour
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mochiko flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 13x9 inch greased pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool completely before serving.