What I Say vs. What My Daughters Hear
I Say: Start cleaning up.
They Hear: Keep playing with your toys. I don’t mind that there are Legos and blocks everywhere for some unsuspecting poor soul to step on.
I Say: Stop running.
They Hear: Instead of running, why don’t you guys stomp your feet up and down the hallway? That’s much better. Especially since we live on the second floor.
I Say: Leave your cousin alone. He’s sleeping.
They Hear: Hit him on the head with a wand and wake him up.
I Say: STOP!
They Hear: Yes. Please continue pouring your milk on the floor/coloring on the wall with markers/pulling the dog’s tail.
I Say: I love you.
They Hear: Even though you guys drive me bananas, I love you. With all my heart. Forever and always.
- 2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (16-17 cookies)
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1.75 quarts coffee ice cream (I used Kona coffee ice cream), slightly softened
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 8 cookies)
- 4 oz. chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup sandwich cookie crumbs (2 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and a little up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread half of the container of ice cream onto crust. Sprinkle cookie crumbs over ice cream. Spread remaining ice cream over the cookie crumbs. Place in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over the top. Sprinkle cookie crumbs over the melted chocolate. Place in the freezer for at least four hours before serving.