So the other day I came across something kind of…interesting.
While flipping through one of my mom’s magazines, I stumbled upon an article that talked about women getting surgery to lose as little as 25 pounds. Yeah. SURGERY for 25 POUNDS.
POSE (Primary Obesity Surgery, Endoluminal) is done without any incisions. It is supposed to reduce your stomach size and help minimize hunger cravings. Ummm… ok.
I’m not totally sure about this procedure. I know that it helps people feel better about themselves and I’m all for making yourself look good to feel good. When I put on a nice pair of heels or a really pretty dress, I get an extra boost of confidence.
But people spending over $11K to lose 25 pounds? *sigh* To each his own, I guess. I just hope those people maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen after the surgery.
Anywaaaaaays… I made you all something super simple yet super tasty.
Cinnamon always makes me feel warm and cozy.
Easy, peasy, pudding and pie.
- (recipe adapted from Rice Krispies)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 oz.) package marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat 3 tablespoons butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Add cinnamon sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13x9x2-inch pan, cupcake pan, or mini muffin pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cool.