How was your weekend?
Filled with lots of belly-hugging-side-aching laughter, I hope.
So… guys. I got nominated for an award.
Yes. Little, old (but not really because I’m only 30) me.
The lovely Lani from Fig and Walnut nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. Thanks Lani!
This may sound fake, but it is TOTALLY REAL.
It’s an award that helps out little blogs like mine (with under 200 followers) meet others just like us. We then help other amazing blogs get the exposure they deserve. Spreading blog love. It’s a good thing.*
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your award acceptance post.
- Nominate up to five up-and-coming blogs (with less than 200 followers) for the award.
- Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites.
- Let them know they are nominated via a comment on their blog.
Now for my nominations. (a.k.a. Blogs that I think are incredimazeballs)
The Irish Mother
Margaret is a sweet gal whose love for food and her family shines through in all her posts.
It’s About (____)ing Time
Marcus is a super hot guy….who also happens to be my husband. But that’s not the only reason you should check out his blog. His honest thoughts about everything are very refreshing. He pulls no punches, which is something I quite admire.
Bianca is another sweetie who likes…ummm…sweets. Possibly even more than me. Just looking at the pictures of her desserts could give you a cavity. She’s also documenting her adventures in Europe. I’d like to say that I’m not at all jealous but that would be a big fat lie.
Vicky is awesome. That’s all you need to know. Okay, maybe you need to know a teensy bit more. She loves Nia Technique (she even teaches it!), Harry Potter (Team Neville!), and guinea pigs. Check out her blog. You’ll be glad you did.
Kids in the Sink
Heather and Melissa are a duo who share tasty treats and show us what happens when four kids (all under the age of 4)
terrorize hang out with each other. They often bring to light all the things I’m feeling as a stay-at-home mom and let me know that I’m not alone.
So, dear nominees, I hope that you will accept this award and help spread the blog love to others.
Oh and lookie here. I also made some ice cream.
This tastes EXACTLY like those strawberry shortcake ice cream bars I used to buy all the time in college.
Go on and make your belly happy.
*Another good thing: I’ve made a Facebook page for My Shiny Life. Come by and say hi!
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- ½ cup strawberry sauce
- 1 cup white fudge and sprinkle covered cookies, roughly chopped
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and milk.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a small bowl. Add strawberry sauce and whisk thoroughly. Add strawberry mixture back into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add cookie pieces and graham cracker crumbs.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.